Saturday, August 16, 2008

naughty guy

today is Raksha Bandhan. I stayed at home throughout the day working. anyway, as a Bengali, this festival is not something I look forward to considering my cousins are in Kolkata and importance is laid upon Bhai Doojh far more than this one as a celebration. the cute little episode that I want to share takes us back many years when I was probably in my second or third standard. this day was special not because of the relationships (I was dumb, yuck! that sucks...) but the lovely rakhis on the wrist instead. there were times when I wouldn’t have one and dada (my elder brother) would have many on his wrist(s). I used to envy him.

I recalled this funny experience today during the day out of nowhere and a naughty smile crossed my lips. now, I know how lucky I was then. wish I had the head to use the opportunity as a weapon to woo many… kash!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude wen we were in school at 3rd/4th standard, we used to feel proud on the number of rakhi's being tied on our wrists. Thus understandably i'm still single but how come u had stayed single??

sanjeevbhar said...

well, not so lucky my friend, wat else... and guess, was hot then and not now.