Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sachin's tweet timing





4,570,000. Well, that's the number of results which appear on Google when one types Sachin Tendulkar. As has been the phenomenon for some time now in this week, Sachin's twitter continues to score with deluge of followers. Initially, I was trying to figure out which one is his real account. Then finally got the one with a follower tag of 2,29,880 and still counting. Okay... this one. He has been following only 4 till now. How pity. It would be interesting to see whom he is going to follow as he moves on...


Another though. How open will he ever be or can be on twitter? I am just thinking that atul kasbekar's suggestion to open an account has worked good for Sachin in order to gauge his popularity on real time basis. A few moments ago I was chatting with a friend and said, I like people like you. Before even completing my sentence, he said.. I am not that Gr8. To which I said, I don't give appointments to great's like Sachin or Dhoni. I like people like me. In fact, seeing now the number of (oh it has gone up to 2,30,030) his followers, I am really appreciating my statement. I feel, he has done greatest disservice as lots of man hours will be lost. just calculate this bare minimum estimation -- no of followers x 1 minute x no of posts Sachin writes. Plus, time calculation for wishing him and replying to his posts not meant for all.


What's the point of becoming his follower (it's my blog and am supposed to air my opinion so Sachin's fans, like me, don't take it otherwise. Also, it is only now)? But for that I need not follow him. Will search his account once in a blue moon to find out whether his language tells me anything particular or not on the way he is reacting to twitter. That would be interesting. Twitter can be as unreal or strange as reality sometimes is. Just imagine. At a new kid in the block, he is replying people at 2 in the morning. People are staying awake to get his personalised response. I really want to see his consistency in twitter. He is God of Cricket, humans say. I have never seen God answering all our query ever. Some things are meant for not to be understood. I just wish him luck and let the freedom be with him in reality as he turns virtual. Hope he doesn't loose out his sanity with constant pressure on updating himself. Or else, he might just prove me wrong just like he has always done to his clinical critiques in the real world. 


2,30,587.... his followers now. that's crazy!

No comments: